Google I/O introduced, gasp, wearable tech, lots of Androidy things and an unspecified amount of vapourware. Catch up on it pretty much anywhere.
Does anyone remember 2009's I/O? Google Wave, we hardly knew ya.
Moving on, here's a great piece on a new type of webcam voyeurism. Whatever you do, don't compromise the essential eagleness of the eagles.
Martin Scorsese on the art of silence
Neverlands: The Enchanting Destinations Of 11 Fantasy Epics. Yes, Middle Earth / New Zealand is number one. Yes, Westeros / Northern Ireland is in there.
♫ Todays tune is 'Bamboo' by Deers
- Tinder catches fire at the World Cup (sorry, couldn't resist).
- Portugal: bald eagle murderers, apple pie befoulers.
- We demand three meellion dollars
- The World Cup overfloweth with memes. A WSJ article about memes without any links. Keep keepin' it real, old media.
- On the other hand, the WSJ does do the state some service by providing this handy guide to skipping work in order to watch the US soccerball team draw with Germany later.
Think you know someone who might like to receive more emails like this? Then forward this one on to them so they can read the words below.
Hey! Want to be part of something hip and retro like a mailing list? Of course you do? Then head on over here to subscribe. I promise not to spam you or sell your email address to Facebook. Or Google. Or Twitter. Or anyone else at all.